Los Angeles, CA Truck Accident Attorney
free case evaluation
You and your family deserve tailored advice delivered with compassion. Let us guide you through your options so you can move forward with your life. We are happy to travel to meet with you if you cannot make it to our offices. Hablamos español.
Any type of motor vehicle accident can lead to significant damages, severe injuries, and even fatalities, but accidents involving large trucks and tractor-trailers tend to be more destructive than others. Due to the large size of these vehicles, accidents involving other vehicles often result in catastrophic injuries and property damage for multiple drivers. When these accidents happen, injured drivers need a reliable Los Angeles, CA truck accident attorney at Rafii & Associates, P.C. to secure compensation for their losses.
Choose Rafii & Associates, P.C.
The personal injury attorneys at Rafii & Associates, P.C. believe in close communication with our clients. We make sure to uncover all the details of a claim to maximize the client’s compensation and chances of winning at the settlement negotiation table or in court. We have helped past clients secure more than $750 million in damages after suffering injuries caused by negligence.
While you may believe that you could save money on legal fees by acting as your own counsel, the average person does not have the time or legal experience to navigate the court’s filing process or uncover all the available routes to compensation in a claim. Hiring a Los Angeles, CA truck accident attorney not only provides a better chance of succeeding with a truck accident claim, it will also most likely lead to more compensation than a plaintiff could secure alone.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can happen for many reasons, and some of the most common causes include:
- Aggressive driving. Passenger vehicles are harder for truck drivers to see than larger vehicles, so an aggressive driver may make a maneuver that falls within one of the truck driver’s blind spots, causing an accident. Speeding and unsafe lane changes are also common causes of truck accidents in California.
- Driver error. This may include taking a turn too fast, failure to brake in time to avoid hitting another vehicle, failing to signal a lane change or failure to operate specific parts of the vehicle.
- Driving under the influence. DUI is incredibly dangerous, and when it contributes to a truck accident, the results can be devastating, especially at high speeds.
- Lane changes. Tractor-trailers need quite a bit of room to change lanes, so other drivers should use extra caution when a nearby truck signals a lane change. Truck drivers must also make sure they have room to safely execute lane changes.
- Improper cargo storage. A tractor-trailer has a high center of gravity, and an empty trailer can easily tip over under certain conditions. It’s essential to secure the cargo of a trailer properly to balance the weight for the most stability. Special types of cargo such as construction materials, lumber, or oversized loads require specialized security devices.
Contact a Los Angeles, CA Truck Accident Attorney
If a recent truck accident in California resulted in injuries and other damages, a lawsuit can hold the at-fault driver accountable for your losses. Contact Rafii & Associates, P.C. today to schedule a consultation for your truck accident claim.