Los Angeles, CA Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
free case evaluation
You and your family deserve tailored advice delivered with compassion. Let us guide you through your options so you can move forward with your life. We are happy to travel to meet with you if you cannot make it to our offices. Hablamos español.
Many Californians enjoy riding motorcycles, but it is essential to understand the inherent risks these vehicles present on the road. Motorcycles are generally fast, light, and very maneuverable, and this, unfortunately, encourages some unsafe behaviors. Because of their small size, motorcycles are harder for other drivers to see, and a motorcyclist has very little protection in the event of a crash. If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, contact a Los Angeles, CA motorcycle accident lawyer from Rafii & Nazarian, LLP to discuss your options for compensation.
Why Choose Rafii & Nazarian, LLP
A motorcycle accident can lead to catastrophic injuries and significant economic losses, so anyone injured in a motorcycle crash benefits from having reliable legal representation. The right attorney can make a tremendous difference in the outcome of a motorcycle accident lawsuit, and the accident attorneys at Rafii & Nazarian, LLP, have more than 75 years of combined experience handling vehicle accident claims in California. We understand the various ways a motorcycle accident can impact a victim’s life, and we have helped our past clients secure more than $100 million in settlements and case awards.
While you may believe you could save money on legal costs by acting as your own attorney and handling your own claim, you will quickly discover several advantages to hiring an attorney to handle the legal legwork for you. You must meet strict filing requirements and deadlines to have your case reach a judge. Missing a deadline or forgetting crucial documentation could have your claim thrown out almost immediately. Hiring a Los Angeles, CA motorcycle accident lawyer not only improves your overall chances of success with a lawsuit, but it will also likely increase the amount of recovery you will receive if you win.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Vehicle accidents happen for many different reasons, and a few of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in California include:
- Speeding. The chances of an accident increase at higher speeds. Many motorcycles are capable of quick acceleration and maintaining high top speeds but braking correctly takes practice and coordination. Other drivers who speed around motorcycles may also cause accidents.
- Alcohol. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report on motorcycle accidents in 2016 indicated that about 25% of fatal motorcycle accidents involved a rider with a blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) over the legal limit of .08%.
- Poor visibility. Motorcycles are harder to spot than larger passenger vehicles, so riders must pass with care and execute lane changes safely.
- Road hazards. Motorcycles are more vulnerable to road debris and inclement weather. The risk of accidents increases around construction zones, during heavy rain, fog, or other types of severe weather.
- Left-hand turns. Motorcycles making left turns are vulnerable to cars approaching from the opposite direction, and cars making left turns may inadvertently turn in front of a motorcycle already in the lane.
Who Is Liable for My Motorcycle Accident?
Your motorcycle accident attorney can help you determine the party or parties responsible for your damages. For example, if you suffered injuries while executing a legal left turn and another driver ran a stop sign and hit you during the turn, traffic camera data and the report from the initial police investigation will help prove the other driver’s fault.
California follows a comparative negligence law, meaning a plaintiff can still recover damages even if he or she is partially liable for the damages in question. The plaintiff loses a portion of the case award equal to his or her liability percentage. In a $50,000 claim in which the plaintiff is 10% at fault, the plaintiff loses $5,000 or 10% of the case award to reflect his or her level of liability.
Get Experienced Help From a Los Angeles, CA Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can lead to broken bones, burns, traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, and significant property damage. When these accidents happen, injured California riders and drivers need experienced legal representation. Contact Rafii & Nazarian, LLP, today to schedule a free consultation with our experienced Los Angeles, CA motorcycle accident lawyers about your motorcycle accident claim.