Trial Attorney/Employment Law Department Head
Mr. Montes’ primary practice area emphasizes representing clients in employment discrimination cases, wrongful termination, wage and hour disputes, trade secrets/unfair competition, as well as general civil litigation. He has obtained successful jury verdicts and has arbitrated and mediated a variety of cases involving employment-related matters.
I have obtained successful jury verdicts and have arbitrated and mediated a variety of cases involving employment-related matters.
Mr. Montes has successfully received verdicts for his clients in discrimination, sexual harassment and wage and hour matters in state and federal court, as well as private arbitration. In addition, Mr. Montes has been appointed class counsel in a number of wage and hour class actions.
Representative Verdicts and Settlements
- Class Action Wage and Hour matter $6.5 million;
- Class Action Wage and Hour Matter for a small number (18) of plumbers $500,000
- Class Action Wage and Hour Matter for a small number (22) of telephone consultants $650,000
- Single-Plaintiff Wrongful termination/breach of contract for executive $650,000
- Single-Plaintiff sexual harassment/hostile work environment case $500,000
- California State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Federal District Court, Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- University Of California, Los Angeles School of Law
- University Of California, Los Angeles